Riley McDonald

,

After completion of my undergraduate degree I had been applying for jobs with not much luck, as the job market was still not great due to the pandemic. I also did not really enjoy mechanical engineering and had always thought I would go to graduate school in the future. I began looking in to options for graduate school and upon looking into the MSOM program I saw that it aligned with my career goals. I applied to the program and began in Fall 2021 and graduated in Spring 2022. 

I really enjoyed the variety of focus areas that the program offered, as well as the graduate certificates that can be obtained through the program. The courses I enjoyed the most were Project Management, Advanced Project Management, and Operations Management & Global Competition. I had the career goal of becoming a project manager and also working for a multi-national corporation allowing me to move around the world throughout my career. I was able to learn practices and techniques involved in project management which helped me to get my current job.