Brandiace McGuire

,

I was conflicted on applying to the program for several years.  Once I completed my undergraduate studies in 2010, I mentally fought between pursuing my MBA or MSOM.  I chose the MBA and completed it, but I was not completely satisfied.  Over the years I found myself in positions that required more than business knowledge.  I needed operational knowledge also.  The MSOM degree came back to mind, and I decided to go for it. I never looked back after applying.  As an operations employee, it was crucial for me to sharpen my technical skills in data analytics, project management, and lean six sigma. 

The program was fast paced but offered information that could be applied immediately in the workplace.  The best part about the program is having the ability to create your own path outside of the four core courses.  This allowed me to tailor my learning based on my personal needs. I now have life-long friends, that are like-minded, that I matriculated with through this program successfully. 

I learned that no matter where I am in life, there’s always a need for operational excellence! This program provided me an opportunity to grow as a student, leader, and professional. Almost halfway through the program, I was promoted to a supervisor where I am responsible for scheduling, dispatching, and meeting customer commits for the state.  Not only am I concerned with meeting commits, but I also live and breathe training to ensure my workgroup is always top tier.  With both an MBA and MSOM, I can merge two things that I love – Customer Service & Operations.  In addition to my regular work life, my alma mater UAPB has allowed me the opportunity to teach as an adjunct professor of ergonomics.  I taught what I learned to ensure I gave back to the university that helped mold me for life after graduation.  The past two years have been a balance between family, work, teaching, and school.  You can do it!!!

I would like to thank my wonderful husband, children, family, my employer Entergy, Director Adam Effrein, and Sr. Eng. Manager Ryan Prejean for believing in me and allowing me to pursue my dreams.  Thank you to my UARK family for challenging me and coaching me as I complete my PMP and Lean Six Sigma certifications.