Madysen Bailey

,

I applied to the MSOM program after considering a few different options.  The flexibility, affordability, and variety of classes offered were appealing.  My undergraduate degree is in Supply Chain Management and my first job was centered in logistics with a heavy focus in operations. In that job, I learned that I enjoyed finding efficiencies. I hoped that the MSOM degree would expand upon my knowledge base and make me a well-rounded professional.

I enjoyed that the program was structured with fast paced 8-week courses that allowed for full focus and mastery in one subject before moving onto another. This made working full time and attending school much more manageable. I also enjoyed the opportunity to gain additional certifications concurrently with my degree. I chose to pursue certifications in Project Management and Leading Operational Change. 

My favorite classes included Human Factors, Leadership Principles, and Organizing for Change. These classes helped me to develop better leadership skills and to become a more effective problem solver.  I also learned how to best motivate others to achieve common goals and how to optimize work processes, all components that will allow me to become a highly efficient and effective leader in my field.