Debasmith Goswami

,

I was employed by an IT company in Bangalore, India before beginning my master’s program. I began to consider applying for managerial positions, but first I wanted to finish my education. When I first started looking for universities, I discovered that the University of Arkansas offered a course in operations management. I applied for MSOM without giving it a second thought. At this point in the voyage, when I am almost done, I would like to share some of my wonderful experiences.

Since I had been working for more than five years and hadn’t had any contact with my studies, I was unsure if I could handle my coursework when I first started it. The Operations Management program provided the ideal balance of theoretical ideas and real-world applications. The course material was carefully crafted to give us the information and abilities we’ll need to handle operations, logistics, and supply chain management difficulties in the real world. I want to thank Lisa A. Milligan, my advisor, for giving me the chance to attend the MSOM/MSEM Annual Faculty Meeting. Interacting with all the professors and talking about the curriculum was an amazing experience.

To be completely honest, I enjoyed every lesson, and my supporting professors were the reason for that. As part of my Strategic Management course, my buddies and I had the opportunity to work with the Benton County Solid Waste department. The other classes, such as Leadership, Finance, and Introduction to Data Analytics, will be very beneficial to me in the future. Additionally, I now have the Organizing for Change Micro-certificate, which will be helpful. I appreciate the help I received from Professor Kerry Melton, Professor Michael Wells, Professor Kirk A. Michaelson, and Professor Robin Burk.

I plan to work as a data analyst in the future, and I am confident that these courses will be very beneficial to me. I’ll try to put all the knowledge I learned in this course into practice. I appreciate everyone associated with the MSOM for giving me this fantastic opportunity to advance intellectually and personally.