David Clarkson

,

I found the MSOM program at the Education Office when I was stationed in Florida.  I had spoken to a few schools about their offerings, but none of them seemed to fit my current career path or the direction that I wanted to move in after my military retirement.  When I spoke to the advisor from U of A, it clicked immediately.  The MSOM program complimented most aspects of my career in aviation maintenance and the flexibility of the program made it easy to fit into the somewhat chaotic lifestyle of the military.  It also placed a focus on projects, team-building, and real-world simulations that I felt made it easier to adapt and implement in the workplace.  Additionally, the degree is extremely versatile with the wide selection of industries that it incorporates into the program.  The MSOM seemed like the perfect match to enhance my career and put me in a more competitive position for a career post-military. 

While the entire program was outstanding, my favorite courses were Project Management, Strategic Management, and Quality Management.  The lessons learned from these courses provided great insights that helped me see the organization from a new perspective.  This has prepared me for future roles as my career transitions from the tactical to the operational or even strategic levels.  The quality of instruction and flexibility offered by the MSOM program makes it a no-brainer for anyone seeking to further their education or career.