Victoria Tester

,

The MSOM program has helped me tremendously within my career at ABB. I was recently promoted to a management position within the company, and the MSOM program classes helped me transition as a first-time manager of 12 people. Leadership Principles, Strategic Management, and Supply Chain Management were just a few examples of classes that helped me directly in my position at ABB.  

On the technical side of my occupation, Lean Six Sigma and Project Management helped me procure quality raw materials from my vendors. Using tools such as capability studies, hypothesis testing, and overall project management, we were able to reduce our supplier PPM (defect parts per million) and meet our PPV goal at the Ozark facility for 2020. Also, the MSOM degree plan helped me reduce raw material inventory at my plant by over 2 million dollars, since I gained a better understanding of aggregate planning and forecasting.  

I achieved my Greenbelt certification at the end of 2020 through ABB, and I don’t think that would’ve been possible if I didn’t have the education reinforcement through the MSOM degree. The MSOM degree not only helped me reach a staff-level position at my company, it also provided future opportunities to move into different areas of ABB. I thoroughly enjoyed the MSOM program because it provided education on real-life scenarios and principles that I experience daily in my occupation. Working in a manufacturing environment is fast-paced and everchanging, and I felt as if the MSOM program helped me develop a competitive edge professionally.